Darn Vandals!

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Darn Vandals!

Post by spiffyguido »

Someone was nice enough to throw stones through both side windows of my 86 two nights ago. And, they smashed my front windscreen to pieces too.

I really don't understand vandalism. They break my windows, for what? They didn't even take anything out of the car, not that there was much to take.

Thank goodness it was the 86 and not the 91. The 86 is just my beater car that I can't seem to part with. It's got some rust, but we've been together for over 200,000kms, so I can't part with her.

Still though, it doesn't mean that I need my windows broken.

So today I had (ok, got the wonderful oportunity) to go to the auto wrecker to get some new glass for my car. I got two lovely side windows and as I was walking around I located a 1990 Prelude SR.

Joy of joys, it had a B21A1 engine, just like my 3rd gen. So, I took the intake manifold (because it's special), I took the ECU, I took the steering wheel center cap, I took the distributor (OBD1) and almost took the cylinder head too.

Stupid vandals.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Dude, do you live in a bad neighborhood or something?

Why would someone do that?

But, you got some good toys out of if though.

Down here we shoot people who do crap like that to our cars. And it's legal too!

God I love the south! LOL!

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

No, actually I live in a VERY safe neighborhood. My car was parked at a parking lot for our LRT (Metro) line here and that's where it happened.

I don't know why someone would do that. No doubt just some kids out having "fun". I hope I never find out who it is.

I'm happy with my new toys, but what a hastle.

Would it be legal for you to come up here and shoot them for me? Or maybe we could take them down there and then shoot them?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Doesn't the LRT lot have cameras? Not that it would help you now, but that would act as a deterrent. Good time to alert them to the incident and suggest to them that they get some security measures in place.

I don't think I can come up there to shoot them, but if you find them, stuff them in a box and send them down here, I can shoot them here, perfectly legal. I mean, this IS Alabama ya know.

I don't understand what could be considered 'fun' about busting windows out of someone's car. Destruction of property is just not right and why anyone would do it......just doesn't register to me......but then, I guess that is what separates us from the rest of the animals who would do something like that.