My new project...

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

My new project...

Post by RedRacer »

The latest edition to my stable. 1990 Jeep Wrangler. 4.2 inline 6.
And OF COURSE it's red....what, you think I would have any color other than?

(sorry for the crappy image, my digital is missing its USB cable to transfer to the PC, so I had to use the cell)

Outside and in, the Jeep is in great shape. No wrecks, a couple of small dings here and there, interior is perfect, even has AC that works! A plus here in Alabama.

Does have carburetor issues; stalls, hard to crank sometimes, misses when idling cold.......crappy gas mileage.

Tends to run into the hot range when under throttle, like on the interstate or pulling a hill, but never makes it to the red. I pulled the thermostat out the other day and put in a new one, that helped. It hasn't gone over 220 yet. It was running right up to about 240ish before. However, 210 degrees is normal for that engine, or so I am told.

Anyway, it's fun to drive with the doors off and the top down, it rides like a log wagon, beats the crap out of you, it's noisy, harsh, all the things you want in a weekend plaything. No way would this ever be my daily driver. Why would anyone do that?

So I think I can stop now. I have my Jeep, my SeaDoo, my G, my Prelude.

I have the most toys. I win! LOL!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

You forgot to mention the Duc.

But yes, you win. All I have is two ludes, a house and a greenhouse that grows tasty tomatoes. I'm spending my money in all the wrong directions.

Nice jeep though; I'm glad you got an older one. The new ones just lack the blood and guts brutality of the older models. Have fun getting thrashed around!

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

I realized after I logged our that I left out the bike in my list. I was too tired to go back and edit.

Tasty tomatoes eh? I think I might have to get a couple of plants for my deck. I have had a helluva time finding one tomato this year that tasted good. Or you can ship me a few of yours! Wonder how that would work? Overnighted tomatoes. Well, actually, you could pick them green, pack them in bubble wrap, overnight them and I bet they'd do fine. Huh...I might have to send you the cash.....if nothing else but for the novelty to say to friends and family "Ah, these toms were shipped to me fresh from Canada"

You're doing pretty good in the "goods" dept though. You're young, you've got a house, two cars...oh, and a good brain...that counts for a lot right there!

Yeah I don't like the new Jeeps. Too cushy.

She sprung a leak tonight on the way home. I think the new thermostat might have opened up the system that was not circulating as it should have and the pressure and flow may have finally killed a water pump that was on its last legs. I am pretty sure it's coming from the weep hole on the pump. There goes my free day Saturday.

Yeah, nothing like owning an old Jeep ! LOL!