Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

I got a truck finally

Post by 91darkness »

Hey guys,

I got a truck! I ran across a deal for $400, sight unseen. A friend at works fiance was trying to get rid of a truck and all i asked was if it worked and ran. I road to Georgia with him and when he opened the garage he had a 91' Nissan King Cab(150k! on the dash). Paint wise, its in pretty good condition and the inside is pretty much perfect. There are some cosmetic stuff, but a trip to the junk yard solved a little of that and a fender for the lude. Its been taking up my free time, so i haven't finished my LED Project(maybe by this evening).

Im giving it a much needed tune up. Plugs-NGK, spectre-air filter, NGK-wires, rotor cap/button, fuel filter and a valve cover gasket. Everything i took off was shot and in horrible condition. I dont know how i made it 5hrs back home, but the truck did great! I almost thought one plug was seized in the block. I had to rewire the license plate lights, due to a crappy boat/trailer brake light kit. I also have to get the instrument panel to light back up.
I just laugh though, cause i cant seem to get out of the year 1991. Ill post some pics this afternoon.
Oh, and i already got a offer for a $1000!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: I got a truck finally

Post by spiffyguido »

You probably got a really good deal.

Those are supposedly pretty good trucks.

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

Here are some pics. I put some of the engine once its cleaned up some.
Attachments
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Looks like it's in pretty good shape.

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

yep. all the body panels are pretty straight. The bumper/grill may have been in a little fender bender. The inside is great and i may take it to get shampooed, smells like a little like a dog. It ran great on the way from GA. The owner told me the AC does not work, but my dad told me to spin the compressor to see if its locked up or not. It spun nicely. It just doesnt have a belt on it. The owner was not a car guy and i dont think he looked under the hood much. so i may just have AC this summer!

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

I replaced all the belts on the truck when i got home today and presto! I have AC now! All it needed was the belt put back on.

jorgea
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by jorgea »

That was a sweet deal. Are you planning of selling it?

91darkness
Prelude Guru

Post by 91darkness »

Its been a while guys, but im not selling it. I just needed a little truck and im pretty happy with it. Since i bought it i had to replace the starter. I dont know if anyone has ever worked on one of these, but it was about the hardest thing i have ever done. No room what so ever to work with and i had to go through the wheel well to get to it.
After putting the belts on it the compressor started freezing up :cry: SO much for luck. Other than that i have been driving it alot and it works great.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

That's surprising that it's so hard to work on. Since it's externally bigger than the Prelude, I'd have expected most of the parts to be more accessible.