R8

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

R8

Post by RedRacer »

I made reference to how much the new NSX "concept", to me, looks an awful lot like the R8. When I was at my parents over the weekend I snagged a shot......and yeah, they do look very similar. This belongs to my dad's brother, it's a "loaner" for the moment. Dad's Panamera suffered a "chassis failure" and is at the Porsche dealership for diagnosis and repair. In the meantime he's "using" this car. (he was offered a Panamera loaner, but opted out, I told him he could have taken it anyway and let ME drive it, to which he just laughed heartily)

I've driven this car and it is a beast and a lot of fun, but I wouldn't want it for a daily driver. The Panamera has spoiled me for all other sports cars I believe. It really is the best of both worlds, comfort and ultra-performance.

Anyway, when I saw it in the garage Sunday night I remembered the post I'd made and thought I'd throw up this image.

Oh, this is a 2009 model, and while it does have the trademark Audi eyelash LED trim lights, it doesn't have the vampire killing Audi LED headlights. (I think that was my favorite Super Bowl commercial by far)

Photo0594.jpg

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: R8

Post by spiffyguido »

Good lookin' beast. I like the R8 in white too.

And is that CARPET in the garage?!? A man after my own heart. Some may laugh, but carpet in the garage is the BEST thing. No more wrecked knees while you bumble around underneath your car.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

LOL - No, not carpet in the garage. Just poured concrete. There is a rug underneath to prevent any drips from getting on the floor though. The only padding in the garage are the dog beds for the hounds to lounge on.

I agree though, having padding is a nice thing when on your knees under and around the car.
Closer view
Closer view

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

Not really an Audi fan myself, but the R8's nice. I saw one around here not too long ago.