Horny Ninja?

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Horny Ninja?

Post by RedRacer »

Just got knocked out of bed by one helluva lightning strike. It had to have been right in the backyard, knocked a picture off the wall, set off the house alarm and shut down all the electronics......

Went out in the storm to check all corners of the house, nothing on fire here. Neighbors house isn't on fire (wouldn't be the first time lightning has taken out a house on this mountain) viewtopic.php?f=15&t=863&p=3285#p3285 - So, knowing that all is safe and sound, and while my kidneys filter the excess adrenaline from my bloodstream, thought I'd hit the interwebs and entertain myself and anybody else who wants to be entertained......

I'm sure you've already seen the commercial for the new Civic SI coupe - and if you haven't, well, then, here ya go:

Now, we all know it's HOODIE NINJA, but -- you too thought it was HORNY ninja, am I right? ;-)

LOL -- it comes with a "V-TEC" progression/power indicator on the dash. Funny! Good gimmick though -- that will sell cars to the little boys who don't know better.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Horny Ninja?

Post by spiffyguido »

201 hp???

Is the Civic we all know and love back?

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

You weren't aware? Huh.

Seems like it could be a fun little car -- but I'd rather see Honda go with a Prelude filler -- S2000 was just not practical enough and was too expensive, the Accord will never be exciting beyond being an Accord, and the Civic is too small. I don't want another Prelude, but I'd like to see something similar fill that glaring gap. Unfortunately Honda has just taken a dive in their "excitement" department and I would like to think this could be the beginning of a change in that lulling complacency that has taken over in Honda (and Toyota)

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I wasn't aware, actually. Admittedly I'm not that good at following new car news. It's hard to keep up with all the changes and most of it is pretty boring.

I agree with your statement about Honda. The quality still seems to be there, but there certainly hasn't been anything too exciting in a while. Besides the odd special model worth it's salt, in my opinion the Civic line has been a disaster since 2000 when the 6th generation ended. Hopefully the fun is back, although, this new civic tips the scales north of 2900 lbs, which is really heavy for such a small car. That's more weight to pull around then a 4th gen Prelude, and just a handbag less than the 5th gen. 201 hp might not be enough to deliver the smile factor the old civics could, even with the new six speed. The new engine might be powerful, but I doubt it's as much fun as the old B16s strapped to a lightweight car.

I too wish something would return to fill the Prelude segment. The Accords have never been that great in sport coupe format and I've never been a huge fan of the S2000, always leaning toward an older NSX.

Let's hope the new Civic sells well. It might just be the reminder of the good ol' days that Honda needs. Early reviews are apparently quite poor though, which doesn't bode well for the new coupe. I'll be eager to try one, if given the chance.

Heard there were more bad storms in AL yesterday. Hope you're safe down there.

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

RedRacer wrote: LOL -- it comes with a "V-TEC" progression/power indicator on the dash. Funny! Good gimmick though -- that will sell cars to the little boys who don't know better.
That has to be irritating after awhile. The previous owner of my 4th gen put a little green light that comes on when VTEC hits and even that's over the top.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

As Spiffy pointed out, the car is bloated with weight - and I have also heard that while it sports the 201 hp, it is very heavy and very slow for a car its size ...... so I guess that was the gimmick Honda came up with to make people who don't know any better, think they're getting a "really powerful" car. This is definitely NOT "Your dad's Civic". Lol

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

Yeah, if you put that engine in an older Civic (for example, I know a guy who's putting one in an EF hatch) I'm sure it'll fly.