Got my Lude back on the road!!!

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Got my Lude back on the road!!!

Post by S-LudeDan »

So after a two year hiatus the car is out of the garage and back on the road. I don't use it as a daily driver but she still racks up the miles on the weekends.

Nothing major has been done to it still, car is mostly stock with a few oem upgrades. I have many jdm and edm goodies in my collection that will possibly one day wind up on this car. Here are the most recent photos.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Got my Lude back on the road!!!

Post by spiffyguido »

That's a beautiful lude. And may I just say, it's great to have you back. I was wondering what happened to you.

Love the pics. Keep rolling, and welcome back!

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

thank you man! I'm glad to be back to this site and to Prelude community in general. I have more stuff to post and share some info with everyone!

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Damn! How did I miss this post!?? With all the tornado disaster here, my days and nights since last month have been sorta scrambled - a lot going on, so much rebuilding to do and cleaning up. Going to take a long time, and even then it will never be the same or back to normal -- so I guess I just overlooked. Otherwise I would have commented before now.

The car looks great! Really like those rims. Have debated many times as to getting similar to occasionally swap on and off with the stocks I have.

Is that sebring silver or cashmere silver? Original paint I assume?

How come laid up in the garage for so long? I don't remember, was something needing repair or were you just not driving it?

Thanks for the great pics, and glad to see you back on the site!

~ josh

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

thanks Red, yeah I rarely take the car out and sometimes it's unregistered. But right now it's a weekend car that my wife and I enjoy. The color is Heather Mist Metallic, it was only available on 1996 S and SE model USDM Preludes. This color is goldish silver and known to be the rarest color on a 4th gen. The pics make it look similar to common silver on Ludes but its really not.

I wish you the best of recovery after the tornado, stay strong and work hard, at the end it will be better than what it was before!

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Now that you mention it, you're right, that's not silver! I recall seeing a Prelude in this color while I was in the states once long ago. I thought it looked great, but assumed that it was a custom color, not an OEM option. How nice to have such a rare color in such good condition. There's probably only a handful of those left in the condition yours is. A real keeper.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

ahh, thank you for the kind words! Those are all the reasons I have been preserving this car all these years. I'm currently looking into getting another 4th gen that I can use as a daily driver instead of my pickup truck.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Two Preludes is always better than one....

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

Looking for a 2nd gen. Anyone have any leads in the tri-state area let me know. I'm in NY area.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

???

So I got my SE rims in. Paid $330 for them. From what I know they are really rare and not many were made, especially the ones with red inserts. Gonna refurbish them and will make a DIY on it.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

Started refurbishing my SE wheels. These came from the heavily salted roads in North Dakota. To get rid of the corrosion I used a 3m fine scrubby with water and then I wet sanded in 400 grit wet/dry paper. I still have more wet sanding to do in higher grits. Gonna go 800 and then finish it off with 1000. In the end I will use a rubbing compound to polish them off to an almost like new appearance.

Here is the progress so far.

Before (heavy corrosion on the perimeter of the wheel, salt erosion is evident).

After 3m pad and 400 grit wet sanding

still much more left to do before the final polish takes place.

wickwear
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: Si

Post by wickwear »

Those rims are looking good, how are you rubbing them? In a circular pattern or what? My other car's rims have similar issues.

Nice pictures.

Darwin

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

small update. Finally found the time to get the SE's on and did a small photoshoot with my crappy camera. Still many more plans for this Lude.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Wow. Your car is looking great. Those are awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru

Post by S-LudeDan »

thanks mate!!! always feels good to stop by and say hello around these areas here!!