Amazing video of Boeing 777 brake stress, overheat

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Amazing video of Boeing 777 brake stress, overheat

Post by RedRacer »

I've been researching all that I can about the Airbus A380 as I'm still a little nervous about flying on it next month from Singapore to Sydney. The plane is just too big. I know that the original and first wing design failed under load testing. The wing buckled in the middle and failed. They fixed the problem, but the thought that it happened is unsettling. I've just been watching videos of the aircraft in flight, landing, tail strikes, minimum takeoff speed tests, etc. and I ran across this video.

Bad quality, cheesy music, but the max limits of testing that they put on this aircraft's braking and landing gear system is absolutely amazing.

You have to give it to Boeing. They build damn good aircraft.

(one comment that was posted, a guy said his wife drives their car like this every day! LMAO!)

It's worth the time, give it a watch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l5N2uBqJbVU&feature=related

~ J
Last edited by RedRacer on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Nice find, RedRacer.

Strangely enough, I've actually seen the full documentary that that clip comes from. The testing effor that went into the 777 was awesome. Even though I saw it at least 5 years ago, I was so struck by what I saw that the documentary is still fresh in my mind. The testing they did on wing strength was mind-boggling.

I know you're apprehensive these days about flying, but I think you can feel pretty safe on a Boeing for sure. If I remember correctly, the wings on the 777 put up with nearly twice the max allowed load before snapping. They tips were bent so much that they were above the roof of the plane a lot.

Found a clip. Too bad they don't have the whole video, because it was really fun to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uo0C01Fwb8