NOT AGAIN!

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

NOT AGAIN!

Post by RedRacer »

Oh LORD. This one was totally unexpected. The forecasters just dropped the ball completely. It started around 1:20 pm Thursday with sleet and freezing rain. Then the temps dropped, the roads iced and the snow started. Absolute mess. Everyone panicked and jumped in their cars to get home as fast as they could. Wrecks everywhere. Traffic at a stand still. Drives that normally take about 15 minutes took up to a couple of hours or longer in some places.... We have a lot of elevated interstate and flyover bridges that when they ice up, there's nothing you can do and traffic can go nowhere.

I think I'm just going to move to Canada.
Photo3325.jpg
Photo 3322.jpg
Attachments
Before the snow.  Solid ice surface on bridge headed up the mountain.  Cops eventually made a check-point and only allowed one car at a time to travel over.   Crazy.
Before the snow. Solid ice surface on bridge headed up the mountain. Cops eventually made a check-point and only allowed one car at a time to travel over. Crazy.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: NOT AGAIN!

Post by spiffyguido »

Yuk.

Can't wait for summer!

wickwear
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: Si

Post by wickwear »

Its times like that I'm glad I live in Arizona. Nice Pictures

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

LOL == AND, ironically enough -- it is snowing AGAIN tonight. We've got about 3 inches in the past three hours and it is still coming down. I just drove in from about an hour away and it was quite beautiful. Snowy drive, a little slippery if you're stupid, but perfectly safe otherwise. There's no ice involved this time. Temps are still above freezing, TOTALLY different story.

Arizona is beautiful, but CHRIST it gets hot there. I don't do well with heat. Dry or otherwise.