Stupid is as stupid does

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Stupid is as stupid does

Post by RedRacer »

I got into a little "competitive driving" contest with an antagonist in I guess it was about a 2005-2007 350Z car last night on the bypass. He was on my bumper as I entered the highway and as I crept up on 1xx mph, he was still hanging on, so I went a bit faster, and he decided he was going to pass me, so I let him get about half a car length beside me and then I unleashed the beast....... The Prelude took off like a scalded dog and jumped ahead of him in a blink. He tried to catch me but didn't succeed. Not sure if it was fuel cut off, or he just got scared.....but I had been pegged at the 140 mark for several seconds....i just feel his car was at its limit.

My exit actually came up on me real fast and I jumped off into the right lane and slowed down, letting him go on by thinking he'd outclassed me and scared me off the bypass.

At the top of the exit ramp as the Prelude rolled to an easy stop, it dawned on me......my right front CV has been fried for at least a month - and I have just not gotten around to pulling the wheels and replacing them on both sides. :shock: :|

So, the moral of this story is, consider yourself lucky that you run "competitive driving" speeds and don't blow your bad CV completely out, shearing the half-shaft and losing a wheel and or destroying yourself and or your car in a high speed disaster, OR, having your bad CV seize and then disintegrate and puncture your transmission and or other areas under the car.

I'm a professional. *Under no circumstances do I condone street style high speed driving for others. Don't try this at home.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com