If you ever text while you drive, please stop immediately:

Seriously.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: Don't Text While You Drive

Post by RedRacer »

Thank you for posting this Spiffy. It's an excellent PSA. I like it because it's REAL. It hits people where they live, work, play. It makes a connection to the person watching it. Not just a bunch of fake blood and staged car crashes -- that's not real. Seeing a mother sing happy birthday to her dead daughter is REAL. Seeing a kid paralyzed over a few characters in a word text...REAL. Seeing a guy admitting that his sending the text letters LOL, cost an innocent bicyclist his life .... REAL.

Here in my state of Alabama, in the last three weeks of November we lost EIGHT (8) teenagers in automobile accidents. EIGHT LIVES, TEEN LIVES, snuffed out. For no reason. Incomprehensible. Eight kids, gone. In three weeks time.

There aren't enough words in the English language, in the whole world, for me to use to describe the stupidity of people who text and drive. And that includes people who read received texts as well as those who text.

Ignorance (and I don't mean a lack of knowledge) I mean the harshest form of stupid I know, can get you and innocent others dead, maimed, etc. in less than the blink of an eye.

DO NOT TEXT WHILE DRIVING. PERIOD.