Cloudy headlights

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

zinomori
Prelude Enthusiast

Cloudy headlights

Post by zinomori »

Over the past couple of weeks I have been noticing some cloudy appearance on my 09 Prelude headlights. I read somewhere that it is caused by oxidization and road grime build-up. Can anyone suggest me a good product to use on headlights to prevent clouding of the lenses without risking any damage? I also read that regular cleaning with a car wax will prevent. Please recommend me the best product that you have found to work for you.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Cloudy headlights

Post by spiffyguido »

If you're talking about the actual glass of your headlights, any glass cleaner, or water and vinegar will work fine. Just apply, and scrub the grime off.

If you're talking about plastic headlight covers, there are products available that can be used to refurbish the plastic. I don't know of a particular brand, but I know such products are available.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: Cloudy headlights

Post by RedRacer »

As Spiffy asked, are they plastic or glass?

I've never had a problem with hazing or cloudiness on my glass lenses on any of my Hondas. Plastic on the Toyota had to be buffed out once.

This is a good and easy method here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6608690_clean-c ... enses.html

Also, you can go to Wal-Mart or just about any auto parts store (chain) and find 3M Headlight Restorer kits and other name brands. Some are strictly chemical wipe and clean and polish, some require the use of a drill to use as a stripper and buffer.

Follow the directions carefully with whatever method you choose and you'll have clear lenses in no time.