Premium Memberships Now Available

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

synthoova
Site Admin

Premium Memberships Now Available

Post by synthoova »

Friends,

PreludeDriver.com continues to grow. We're not a huge site by any sense of the word, but we do still manage to help a lot of people. By way of statistics, we're in our fourth year now, thousands of people visit us every month, and even our small video on YouTube is just about to cross the 10,000 views mark. We owe all this success to you, our members. Thank you.

All this success doesn't come without a price though, so we've decided to make a few changes to the site. Starting today, PreludeDriver.com will be offering a 'Premium Membership' for users who would like to utilize some exclusive features of this board. Please understand that we have not designed the 'Premium Membership' to turn this site into a profitable venture. It is, and likely will always operate at a financial loss. That being said, we did feel it fair to charge a small fee to those who would like to enhance their experience here.

Please click on the 'Premium Membership' link at the top for the full scoop, but I'll give you a summary here as well:

Premium Memberships will currently be offered at a price of $5.00 / year -or- $1.00 / month. Basic membership will continue to be free, forever. With the purchase of a Premium Membership, your username will be allowed to use additional features of this board including:

-Signatures
-Saved Drafts
-Private Messaging

It was difficult to decide on a price, but we thought $5.00, 'the price of lunch' was a good fee to charge per year. We realize that these are tight times, but we hope that you will view this as a way to give a little something back to a forum that has helped you, and likely saved you some money as well. In return, we'll let you use some of the sweeter features we have around here.

In closing, let me thank all of you again for your visits and participation. We couldn't be happier with the culture and attitude that exists in our forums. We've helped a lot of people, and that's what it's all about. We've been thinking of offering a Premium Membership for a while and due to several questions about signatures and avatars on the board, we felt the timing was right. Thank you for your understanding as we go through this change.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

bruddap
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 1989 Prelude

Re: Premium Memberships Now Available

Post by bruddap »

am I not able to post unless i get the premium membership.
I uploaded photos of my prelude and the attachment are there but the posts aren't.
thank you,
Paul

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Any member is permitted to post, whether they possess a free or a premium membership. Your post probably wasn't showing yet because we require all first posts by users to be approved by the moderators. This is done to combat spam. Once your first post is approved subsequent posts will be unrestricted.

A premium membership allows you to have a signature on your posts (in my case, I have a picture of my car). You also get to have an avatar (the icon that appears next to your username) and use the board's private messaging system. See the post at the start of this topic or the 'Premium Membership' link at the top of the page for more information.

I hope that helps.

CaptainRG
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by CaptainRG »

i just made a payment to become a premium... it was sent!! what now?

synthoova
Site Admin

Post by synthoova »

It generally takes us a bit of time to activate a premium membership. This site is run by volunteers so we can't deliver immediate service on all requests. Your premium membership has been activated. Thank you for supporting our community.

last honda
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by last honda »

How long does it take for first time members to be approved. :shock:

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

It generally takes a day or so for new member posts to be approved.